It doesn’t matter whether it’s for a job interview, meeting new friends or trying to impress the cute woman in line with you at Starbucks – making the right first impression is incredibly important. The way you come across the first time you meet someone creates an idea of who you are that will last for years. It creates the filter that dictates whether they will see literally everything you do in a positive or negative light.
But while we know a lot of what makes a good first impression, there are some surprisingly common things that people do that actually drains your charisma and leaves people with negative impressions about who you are and what you’re like.
- The importance of making the first move
- Why introducing people can make a strong first impression even stronger
- How personal warmth can make or break a first impression
- Why you need a balance between short answers and long lectures
- How your attitude can change a first impression
… and so much more.
Like the podcast? Consider becoming a Dr. NerdLove patron at Patreon.com/DrNerdLove
Want more dating advice? Check out my books at www.doctornerdlove.com/books