The state of sexual education in America is appalling. If schools aren’t required by law to only teach abstinence-only education, then at most we get a glorified plumbing lesson instead of what we really need to know. As a result: more and more people are turning to porn for lessons in sex and sexuality.
But what if there’s a better way? If the educational system fails us – either through ignorance or design – can we take sex-ed to the people? Can we disrupt sex education and give people access to the information they need via their smartphones? This week, I talk with Juicebox app developer Brianna Rader about relationship coaching, what we get wrong about sex ed, the trouble with porn… and also what it’s like to be condemned personally by the state of Tennessee.
And be sure to stay until the end; there’s an exclusive offer for my fans.
- Why schools are falling behind when it comes to teaching us about sex
- How porn is filling in the gaps… and why that’s a problem
- Why we have such a hard time communicating our wants and needs with our partners
- What it’s like trying to fund a sex-based start-up today
- How independent apps are changing the future of education
… and so much more.
Like the podcast? Become a Dr. NerdLove patron at Patreon.com/DrNerdLove
Want more dating advice? Check out my books at www.www.doctornerdlove.com/books