Coinciding with my panel at Emerald City Comic Con, this week we’re going to talk a little about issues surrounding masculinity what makes someone a “real” man.
The concept of “being a man” is part and parcel of a lot of dating anxieties for guys – whether it’s about being “alpha” or “beta” or if certain qualities – which can range from dick size to testosterone levels to sexual experience to height to the width ratio of your brow to your jaw. In fact, it’s not really an exaggeration to say that there’re more ways to fail at being a man than there are to succeed at being one. So how much of our ideas of masculinity are bullshit and what does it take to really be a man?
- Why so many guys question their own status as “real” men
- How anxieties surrounding masculine behavior hinder men in multiple ways
- Why the “alpha” and “beta” divide doesn’t describe manhood
- The difference between innate masculinity and performing manhood
- Why men are so eager to police other men’s behavior
… and so much more.
Want more dating advice? Check out my books at www.www.doctornerdlove.com/books