Today, we’ve got an email that’s a little different. This one resides somewhere between a typical Ask Dr. NerdLove and a Post-Mortem. It’s less a “help me with my dating issues” question so much as “can you explain some things to me?” letter. He has a few issues he wants clarified and rather than summarizing it all at the end, we’re going to take it point by point. Strap yourselves in, this is gonna be a long one.
Dear Dr. NerdLove,
Long time fan, you’ve had a major impact on my life, but I should get to the point…
Am I a sexist?
I’ve recently debated with my girlfriend about SJW extremists and how they probably do a little more harm than good. Don’t get me wrong, I believe:
- Rape is practically equivalent crime compared to murder.
- You should never ever hit a woman, unless in self defense.
- There is no excuse for physical or mental abuse regardless of gender.
- Death and rape threats is aggression going to stupid levels.
- I am middle of road politically, because I think extremists are why both politically parties fail in my eyes. I do however tend to lean left most of the times.
- I support the rights of LBGT community
- Grew up in home with a single mother, so I know a woman can do anything man can do (Except some biological stuff).
- I think the entire men crying complaining about being in the friend zone is just a part of them being immature.
- Elliot Roger has a nice place in hell.
…and the list goes on. But here some things that some people get easily offended get mad at me about…