Normally, for the podcast I don’t go too much into current events but occasionally stories crop up that beg to be discussed. And this week, a story that began in the Relationships subreddit and ultimately ended in r/LegalAdvice is one that needs to get covered.
To summarize: a young man asked a girl out he hung out with at work is told “Let’s just be friends”. This, in turn, leads to pleads for dates, drunk phone calls at 3 AM, stalking her social media, hanging around her dorm, following her to another city and – finally – lawyers and cease-and-desist orders. As love stories go, it lacks a certain something.
However, it does provide some fodder for a discussion because this week, we are talking about how to handle rejection like a man… as opposed to a boy.
- Why grand, romantic gestures inevitably backfire
- The universal truth about rejection
- Understanding the reasons behind getting rejected
- Why so many men make the wrong choice when it comes to dealing with rejection
- How to handle post-rejection awkwardness
…and so much more.
Want more dating advice? Check out my books at www.www.doctornerdlove.com/books