One of the subjects I come back to fairly often is the idea of toxic masculinity. It’s something that I personally feel is important to talk about because of how much it directly affects men and makes our lives that much harder and that much worse. However, whenever we talk about masculinity in any form, there is such a regular response from people, in the comments and on twitter and elsewhere, that you can practically set your watch by it: “when are you going to talk about toxic femininity?”
And you know what? Fine. Buckle up folks, ‘cuz we’re doing this.
- Why nobody can agree on a definition of “toxic femininity”
- What we don’t understand about toxic masculinity… and how that affects how we see femininity
- Who gets to define what is or isn’t toxic behavior
- What are the differences between “toxic” forms of manhood vs. womenhood
- What is the source of toxic femininity
…and so much more.
Like the podcast? Become a Dr. NerdLove patron at Patreon.com/DrNerdLove
Want more dating advice? Check out my books at www.www.doctornerdlove.com/books