(Content Warning: Sexual Assault)
On June 26th, Expendables and Brooklyn 99 star Terry Crews testified before Congress in support of the Sexual Assault Survivor’s Bill of Rights. As part of his advocacy for survivors of rape and sexual assault, Crews talked about his own experience of having been the victim of sexual violence. In doing so he challenged the narrative of what it means to be the survivor of sexual assault… and showed us how we fail male victims of sexual violence.
- Why few men ever speak up about having been sexually assaulted
- How we teach men to not trust other men
- How we treat male sexual assault as a joke
- Why the narrative of who can be a victim harms survivors of sexual assault
- Why rape and sexual assault isn’t about sex
and so much more.
Like the podcast? Become a Dr. NerdLove patron at Patreon.com/DrNerdLove
Want more dating advice? Check out my books at www.doctornerdlove.com/books